If you are planning on a heavy carpentry project you may be looking for best 18 volt cordless drill.
These are great for projects where there is no electricty supply to hand, but you need the extra power. Cordless power tools are useful in the garage or workshop too, where there may be a risk of tripping if there are cables about or you just don’t want to use extension leads.
Once you have decided the type of drill you need, the things to look for are:
- A long life battery; the higher rated the Ah of the battery the longer the drill will run between charges.
- Overall construction of the tool; is it well constructed with tough materials and will it stand up to long use and the odd knock?
- Performance or torque; Torque is a measure of the twisting force – drilling or driving into hard wood requires a higher torque.
- Ease of use; the drill should be comfortable to hold, be well balanced for accuracy and a weight that you can endure! Look at the method for changing the bit, is it a quick-relase chuck or do you need a key – is the chuck key easy to stow?
- Value for money; the price should reflect the quality and features of the tool you choose.
We have chosen 5 for you to consider that fit the bill in different categories. I hope you find this useful:)